Friday, September 28, 2012

The Coolest Story Ever

Hey! Sorry (to the 3 of you who may check this regularly) that I haven't posted in awhile... I'm living the struggle life and only have computer access when DA Monkay leaves her computer and/ or power cable at my house. Anyway, back to the lecture at hand....

   As you may or may not know I have lived a ridiculous life. I have done many ridiculous, outrages and/ or awesome things. The "Coolest Story Ever" comprises none of that, at least not in the way that I'm used to telling stories.  As a note, I pride myself in being able to tell amazing stories without any embellishment, life is awesome enough and the story tells itself. I will try my best to tell this  tale as accurately as I remember it (even though it's been tenish years). I should probably refer back to the time that I told this on tape but I'd probably ball my eyes out and I'm too trill for that .
  One day a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away my family and I went to the Merritt Canteen. I remember it was really rainy and cold. When we were leaving my mom, brother, sister and I were going to pile in the family vehicle and drive home. That was not to be. My mom saw these older women who were standing outside of the Canteen obviously freezing. My mom turned and talked to the women and I could see the gears turning in her head. I knew what was about to happen. It made no sense to me what she was about to do but she was going to do it. I'm around 3000% sure that my siblings had no idea what was about to transpire.... My mom told us to wait while she took the women home. She made us wait, in a city we know nothing about (we had only been living here a few years) while she brought three complete strangers home.
   I admit, this story doesn't seem that cool written down. Maybe you had to experience it, maybe you had to know my mom to really feel it, maybe it really is that cool and I just don't know it. I'm not too sure myself. What I do know is that the most compassionate thing I have ever seen in my entire life. That doesn't seem like what would be the coolest story (other than it being about my family) but it really really is.


I said once that I would consider my life a success if I grew up to be half the person my mom was and 9ish years later, I still stand by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment