Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Token Religion

   I believe in GOD the Father, Son and Holy spirit and that Jesus is my savior. He died on Calvary and rose again 3 days later. I also believe that all religious worship some form of the same being and/ or call Him different things. Muslims call my god Allah, Jews call my GOD Yaweah. Other religious (like Hinduism) worship different aspects of the being I call GOD. A little backstory here, I was raised in the church pretty much my whole life, I got baptized really young. I'm the son of a pastor and I am the only boy who could ever teach you.
   Over the last few years I have been passionately disinterested in religion. That isn't to say uninterested, just disinterested. If you asked me about my religious views I would have no qualms in tell you about it, sometimes neigh witnessing to you (I hope I've never broached into that annoying witnessing). I haven't really prayed unless I was in some kind of dire straits and needed some kind of help. I've ventured so far as to call myself an agnostic but whenever I pray I always knew I praying to, at the very least, the GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.
    This kinda changed yesterday. I'm not really sure why, or what happened but as I was sitting down for dinner I felt the urge to pray over my food. Again, there was no impetus for this. I'm not doing bad by any measure. I just simply felt the need to pray. I again prayed last night before I went to bed and this morning when I woke up. It mostly seemed to be just a conversation with GOD, I suppose bordering on praise and thanksgiving. I'm not entirely sure because it's not something that I am used to doing at all, things like non worship praise have always been things that other religious people talk about that I've just learned how to join in on the conversation. I suppose it's close to someone using a word you don't know and you figuring it out from context clues.
   I've also sung gospel songs to myself. Sometimes out loud and sometimes just to myself, all of this at random times... Now that I think about it I did go TO a church to move books and we were jokingly quoting scriptures, that's the closest thing to a reason that I have for this new found feeling.
    You've probably guessed by now that there really isn't a theme to this post. I figure it's about my spiritual journey and since the blog is Token Travels I figure it fits! But yea, normally I don't pray unless I need something or something serious is going on in my life, this time it's different. I suppose I could just be talking to the voices in my head and not some divine entity but I'm willing to be it's GOD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment